The original 1910 building designed by Aymar Embury II underwent a significant renovation and expansion in 1997. Following that expansion which included the archival, staff, and adult fiction areas, the East Hampton Library was again in need of additional square footage to accommodate both a growing patronage and increasing number of holdings. Kohler Ronan was delighted to participate in the 2014 addition to this historic library.
Focused on the children’s collection areas, Kohler Ronan provided the necessary MEP/FP services in support of a new wing to the east of the building. Not unlike the existing, larger courtyard to the west, the east courtyard offers a relaxing outdoor space. Inside the library, the addition allowed for the reorganization of materials and the creation of distinct areas for each collection. Circulation, accessibility, and general comfort throughout the space were also enhanced.